Fixed Columns for Thumbnail settings:
Design X offer's two distinctive masonry layout options for displaying thumbnails with fixed columns: Vertical Masonry and Horizontal Masonry. These layouts provide a visually appealing way to present your work.
- Vertical Masonry: This layout aligns thumbnails vertically, allowing for a staggered yet cohesive display of images. Note: for Vertical-masonry, % based gaps are better for fixed column layouts.
- Horizontal Masonry: In this layout, thumbnails are aligned horizontally, offering a seamless row-by-row presentation.
Setting Up Fixed Columns
One of the key features of our masonry layouts is the ability to set fixed columns. This setting is crucial for maintaining a consistent look across different screen sizes and orientations. Here's how you can set it up:
Choose Your Setting: Decide whether you want to use Vertical Masonry or Horizontal Masonry based on your content's presentation needs. Click here for more information on our different thumbnail settings.
Set the Number of Columns: You can define the number of columns by setting both the minimum (
min-columns) and maximum (
max-columns) column parameters for whatever thumbs setting you select. This can be set in your gallery overrides or globally under
LAYOUT. (See below for placement):
Note: For a fixed column layout, ensure that the
max-columns values are the same. This creates a uniform column structure across different devices and screen sizes. (
Gap Settings: When the
max-columns are identical, the gaps will dynamically adjust as a percentage of the available space, ensuring a consistent and proportional spacing regardless of the screen size.
- If you desire a different column configuration for mobile devices, you can use the mobile override option.
- This feature allows you to set a distinct number of columns for mobile view, ensuring optimal display on smaller screens.
- The application automatically calculates the percentage gap based on the current pixel gap.
- This ensures a responsive and aesthetically pleasing gap that adjusts proportionally to the screen width.
Click here for more information on gaps and margins.
By setting fixed columns in our masonry layouts, you can create visually consistent and responsive displays for your content. Whether you choose Vertical or Horizontal Masonry, these settings ensure that your thumbnails are beautifully aligned and proportionally spaced, providing an engaging user experience across all devices.