Fotomoto is a print on demand e-commerce system that enables you to sell your images as prints, cards, wall peels and digital downloads. You can opt to have them handle the printing and shipping or you can do it yourself. We love Fotomoto because the integration with our system is clean and simple, they have a nice user interface and give you plenty of control over the sale of your images.
Here's how you use Fotomoto with your website:
IMPORTANT NOTE BEFORE YOU GET STARTED: To add Fotomoto to your site you must be logged into your admin with your live domain: https://mydomain.com/admin not your temporary url: https://username.photofolio.com/admin
1. Make sure you do not have "DISABLE DRAG & RIGHT CLICK FOR IMAGES.." enabled. The setting (in the admin under ACCOUNT --> DATA PRIVACY) should be OFF like this:
2. Sign up for a Fotomoto account here: http://www.fotomoto.com
3. Please make sure that your Payment Type is entered with Fotomoto before proceeding to Step 4 below.
4. When setting up your account for Publishing Platform and Script Library select "I don't know". Under the Settings tab in your Fotomoto account copy the Store ID.
5. Under the Account tab in your Design X site admin under Owner Info paste the Store ID.
6. Add the Fotomoto cart to your site navbar by opening the Navbar Panel in the site Media Library window, under Footer Links.
7. Press the + ADD button to add a new navbar element.
8. Under Button Type choose fotomoto (don't forget to rename the button and tooltip).
9. Images are added to the Fotomoto store from within your Photo Folio admin allowing you to control which images are for sale on your site. Additionally, the cart for purchase only shows up in the admin when an image is available for sale or licensing.
10. Log into your website admin using the public domain name (not the .photofolio.io address) and visit the media library where you will see a FOTOMOTO button where you can add images to be sold on your Fotomoto account.
11. Select images from your library and push the +FOTOMOTO button. You will be asked to confirm that you want to do this.
12. You will now see the images inside your Fotomoto account where you can adjust all the settings. Additionally, you will see that the Fotomoto Cart on the site navbar only appears when an image is for sale.
13. If images you've added do not appear in your Fotomoto account you will need to check under Unavailable--> Removed. Check the images you want back and use the Action --> Recover Selected Images.
Important Note: You must have the correct url (domain name) of your site in your Fotomoto account settings for it to connect back to you.